One of my daughters has eczema that manifests itself as very dry hands. In treating eczema, it is best to work internally, however, this lotion provides great relief to the symptomatic dry skin.
- 3/4 cup oils (I used a calendula, chamomile, and lavender infused olive oil, but you could use any oils you like. Another blend I have used and liked is not quite 1/2 cup olive oil, not quite 1/4 cup sweet almond oil, and enough jojoba oil to make up a total 3/4 cup of oil.)
- 1/2 ounce beeswax
- 1/3 cup calendula hydrosol
- 1/3 cup chamomile hydrosol
- 1/3 cup distilled water
- 5 dropperfuls calendula tincture, optional
- 1 tablespoon vegetable glycerin
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E
1. Heat oils and beeswax in a double boiler on the stove until beeswax is melted. I use a pyrex measuring cup in a pot of water.
2. While waiting for beeswax to melt, mix hydrosols, water, tincture, glycerin, and vitamin E in the blender.
3. While liquids are blending, slowly pour warmed oils and beeswax into the blender.
4. Continue blending until all liquid is blended into the cream. You may need to stop and scrap down the sides before continuing to blend.
5. Place cream in clean jars or tubs.
Disclosure: I purchase most of my herbal supplies from Mountain Rose Herbs. It would bless my family greatly if you use my affiliate link below when purchasing from them.